Saturday, September 12, 2020

=Nopoetics=

 

Electra Newsom

 

See What’s Happening In The World Right Now

 

I have something too big to tell you

so big I can’t fit it in my mouth

so I’ll pack a bag & fly to LA

There I’ll stuff a porpoise full of dynamite

& leave it ticking in yr nightmares

 

I took the wheel from my mother

& ran that guy over in the supermarket

I backed up & ran him over again & again

as he bent over for a jar of tomato sauce

He was still alive when I drove away

lifting himself out of his own flatness

like a cartoon

I’m glad I didn’t know his name

Who cares about his fucking pasta?

 

We must leave the backs of our heads open

to let the swallows out

there’s just no other way to go on

the road’s that dark

you have to stare through a peephole

to see who’s there

It feels like you’ve got an octopus

holding onto yr face

 

The way I see it

something is happening

& it’s no laughing matter

except on Mars

 

The way I see it what’s the point

of apologizing for any flaw in the labyrinth?

The way I see it I’m glad there’s no escape

If you explain to me the logic of the spinal column

I’ll respond by eating yr dark chocolate

& fault yr ultra-high standards

of moral clarity

So there

 

There are fires burning all the forests of the word

There are dogs on skateboards

rolling down Ventura Boulevard

I’m not crazy or wild-eyed for nothing

I just copied all these ideas down

from people who refused to try better next time

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment