Thursday, July 25, 2019

#364

"Remember When Hermann Was Lifelike?"

This painting came relatively easily. The image surfaced to manifestation by the usual mediumistic methods. I even knew his name. Here, I've used a lot of white over more complex colored surfaces. I knife this crappy white acrylic paint, which has taken on the consistency of cottage cheese, thickly over the previous layers and then scratch and marked the "flesh." Hermann comes to "lifelikeness."  What his fate will be ultimately, I can't say. I doubt he'll last longer than I will. I see the dumpster in his future. In both our futures. Is he glad to have been manifested even if it is for a relatively short amount of time? Can't say. Probably not. Most likely it doesn't make a difference really one way or another. But he's here. He's my friend. Our relationship is an intimate one. No one else will probably ever see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment